Thursday, July 20, 2017

A week's holiday break

We recently had a week to stay on a friend's bush property as a break within our  travels. It was on a open bushland property and we were joined by Rob's brother and his wife.

Plenty of family time around the campfire

That's our rig in the back and my brother and sister in law with Rob talking to them. We enjoyed their company and also went sight seeing, had a fire every evening, went out for drives and a dinner out, there was also plenty of time for some craft. I was able to set up a sewing machine in the covered outdoor room you can see between us and the bus/motorhome. It was great to have it all out and indulge in some craft time whenever the opportunity and inclination occurred. The kangaroos come for a feed whilst I was sewing one afternoon.

Hungry but shy kangaroos
Here are some of my recent sock toys.

I finished these girls

2 of these girls are still waiting for their forever home on my Facebook page. I also had plenty of time to also get started on these delightful sock sloth dolls.They too can be found on my Facebook page.

Sock Sloths nearing completion

Now that's what I call a week of pure luxury. A holiday within a holiday! What's your favourite way to spend a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment